4 Important Book Recommendations for Business Owners
4 Book Recommendations for Business OwnersLet's start right here at RingBoost, with a book heartily recommended by our SVP of Business Development, Paul Faust:
- Living with the Monks by Jesse Itzler
"I have had the honor and privilege or taking a “life/personal development” course with the author and it has had a significant impact on me. I would highly recommend picking up a copy of his new book, as well as his previous book “Living with a Seal”. You will both laugh and learn some valuable life lessons."Many of the best business books are rooted in exactly what Paul describes above: life lessons. They resonate and succeed precisely because they improve the way we perceive and act in our personal lives, as well as in a professional setting. The second title on our list speaks to the value of understanding the needs of others, from friends and family to colleagues and the consumers in your target market.
2. Give and Take by Adam Grant
"Packed with cutting-edge research, concrete examples, and deep insight about how our interactions with others drive our success and happiness," says fellow author and motivational speaker Gretchen Rubin. Grant presents a compelling case for identifying and promoting generous, giving personalities who go out of their way to find ideas that help others.
3. The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes
Taking the same name as his podcast, Howes also pursues the same grand aim with his writing: to impact 100 million lives and teach people how to pursue the dream that burns inside them. There's little that Lewis Howes hasn't seen or achieved in his relatively short career, which is why so many readers and listeners consider him an authority on the mindset and habits that create success.The fourth book on our list comes from a place that the previous author would understand, thanks to its focus on using our dreams to drive through the hard times:
4. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
Counting best selling authors like Malcolm Gladwell and Amanda Ripley among its fans, Grit provides a process-driven approach to pushing through and achieving what we set our minds to do. Described by one business leader we spoke to as "the book I’d most like to internalize and epitomize," Grit is a great read for business owners and aspirational folks in any field.
Bonus Item:How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie It's a nonfiction classic for a reason and influenced all of the other titles on our list in one way or another. If you haven't found time to read it yet, make sure it's on your summer list. If you have, flip through it again for a little extra inspiration! Have you read any of the books above? What suggestions would you have when making book recommendations for business owners? Let us know on Linkedin or Facebook!
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: Gordon on June 11, 2014Marketing is always changing. But at its core marketing is about one fundamental practice: using the marketing channels at your disposal to communicate a message efficientlyRead more
- Written by: Gordon on May 19, 2014Hungry for memorable marketing? Remember to manage your portions! It's fast approachingRead more
- Written by: Gordon on July 7, 2014Getting your small business noticed on a local level means not just putting yourself in as many places as possible, but also using the right search terms and categories to keep your listing top of the pile. Factors as small as street abbreviation and business sector can make a big difference, so it's important to consider how you want to be seen and keep that consistentRead more