How Call Tracking Improves Customer Service
When companies say that their most important asset is the people they employ, it can easily be seen as a cliché. When it comes to your sales and service team nurturing leads and helping existing customers, however, there is no room for platitudes. It's well-known that inbound calls convert to revenue at a rate 10 times greater than any other form of lead. That rate can be optimized even further by using the features that come with a custom phone number system. Call tracking and recording are two of those features. Take Advantage of Call Tracking
Call tracking is one of the more underutilized features of custom phone numbers. It comes in many forms and packages, but the broad benefits include:
- Monitor the calls that come in and the characteristics that are most likely to convert.
- Cut out spam calls before they get through to reps and waste their time.
- Provide caller names, demographics, and other crucial information before a call is answered.
- Actively route calls to the most appropriate department or rep based on the caller's specific needs.
Even if you know your business and your customer base inside out, there is always room for improvement. It's important to take every opportunity to fine-tune your service process and give your sales team an edge over competitors. Vanity numbers provide a special set of features that can help you do just that. [search-tag]
Record and Review
Properly training the people who handle the increased call volume that a vanity number brings will increase sales and accelerate the return on your custom number investment. A key part of tracking is rooted in call recording, which can also be the core of your training program. When your team hears the difference between a successful call that converts to a sale and those that do not, they can zero in on the elements that lead to conversion. We covered several tips to successful sales calls in this article earlier this year, so you also can incorporate these ideas into your sales training. In terms of reviewing successful calls, here are some areas to zero in on when you play calls back to your team members:
- Confident, professional tone of voice;
- Natural delivery of a trusted script;
- Authoritative tone and ability to answer questions about the company and product;
- How they handle get past "no" and handle rejection;
- Conversation flow and ability to move the discussion forward naturally;
- Ability to quickly identify and confirm the underlying need of the caller.
By implementing the best of your general sales approach with frequent reviews of recorded calls, you can increase the ability of your team to close calls.
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: Gordon on June 11, 2014Marketing is always changing. But at its core marketing is about one fundamental practice: using the marketing channels at your disposal to communicate a message efficientlyRead more
- Written by: Gordon on May 19, 2014Hungry for memorable marketing? Remember to manage your portions! It's fast approachingRead more
- Written by: Gordon on July 7, 2014Getting your small business noticed on a local level means not just putting yourself in as many places as possible, but also using the right search terms and categories to keep your listing top of the pile. Factors as small as street abbreviation and business sector can make a big difference, so it's important to consider how you want to be seen and keep that consistentRead more