Memorable Marketing Digest - October 2016
Our objective is to make your marketing more memorable. When you have tried-and-trusted marketing tools, however, it's easy to forget that the latest tips and trends are also important. In the digital world, there's no such thing as a slow news day. Marketing developments rush by quicker than ever. How can a small business owner or marketing manager keep up? Our monthly digest of memorable marketing news is designed to summarize the important issues and analysis that you may have missed.
Marketing Digest: October 2016Here's a selection of what happened in October:
- Sprout Social took a look at the most annoying things brands do on social media. Take a look to make sure you're not doing anything to turn off potential customers!
- In the battle of the tech brand announcements, Microsoft made for an unlikely winner against Apple. A timely reminder that brands can make a comeback and substance still matters, even in a distracted world.
- Digital video is the dominant channel in marketing circles right now, but it appears six seconds of it simply isn't enough. Twitter gave its social video network Vine the chop last week, preferring to focus on Periscope as one of many services competing in the live streaming and instant video space.
- "In-car marketing" is a term you'll probably want to keep in mind, as automakers get better at delivering vehicle information systems and self-driving cars inch closer to reality.
- Chatbots is another term that you might have heard going around, in which case it's useful to think about how they might impact the future of marketing.
- Lauren Kushner, Managing Director at digital agency Kettle, made a compelling case for a new branding playbook for the digital age. Among her tips, making your brand flexible and adaptive to multiple channels resonates the most with the RingBoost team.
- Snapchat and Instagram are going head-to-head, as the latter introduce its "Stories" feature. Social Media Examiner offers four ways for B2B marketers to use these rapidly developing channels.
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: Gordon on June 11, 2014Marketing is always changing. But at its core marketing is about one fundamental practice: using the marketing channels at your disposal to communicate a message efficientlyRead more
- Written by: Gordon on May 19, 2014Hungry for memorable marketing? Remember to manage your portions! It's fast approachingRead more
- Written by: Gordon on July 7, 2014Getting your small business noticed on a local level means not just putting yourself in as many places as possible, but also using the right search terms and categories to keep your listing top of the pile. Factors as small as street abbreviation and business sector can make a big difference, so it's important to consider how you want to be seen and keep that consistentRead more