Custom Phone Numbers In The 305 Area Code
The 305 area code is synonymous with Miami, Florida, its international industry and cosmopolitan culture. For locals, it’s a point of pride. For people all over the world, the 305 is a symbol of everything fabulous about the Magic City.
But high prestige comes with an even higher demand. The 305 is one of the most sought-after area codes in the country.
The Miami appeal
Miami blends the bustle of hip urban culture with the laid-back beachside lifestyle. Nicknamed “the capital of Latin America,” this affluent hub for all things Latin American has an unquestionably global appeal.
Miami is a prosperous center for finance, trade, and cultural industries. Miami boasts the largest urban economy in Florida, and its reach is worldwide.
- Home to the largest concentration of international banks in the United States, Miami continues to grow as a heavyweight in the global finance community.
- As a major television production center, Miami is the most prominent city in the United States for Spanish language media and arts. Both Telemundo and Unimás are headquartered there.
In recent years, Miami has quickly evolved into a burgeoning hot spot for tech startups.
Miami has a reputation for sun-soaked fun and an unparalleled nightlife – but it’s more than that. Miami is a dynamic mecca for contemporary art, world-class entertainment, fine dining and tourism.
Rooted in a rich multinational heritage, this cultural gem is home to an alluring array of colors, sounds, and flavors set against a backdrop of balmy white sand beaches. Miami attracts millions of visitors a year looking to immerse themselves in the depths of its uniquely rousing cultural scene.
Is 305 the only Miami phone number?
It’s not the only one, but it’s the original – and the most iconic.
The 305 area code covers Miami and the Florida Keys. Falling just outside the city limits, area codes 954 and 745 service the greater Miami area.
A booming population exhausted the 305 during the 1990s so an overlay area code was created: 786. That’s the default area code you’ll get from a phone service provider today.
Buying and selling 305 phone numbers
Modern telecommunication enables you to have most any area code you want, regardless of geographical location. The most reliable way to do this is by purchasing custom and vanity phone numbers.
Vanity and custom phone numbers
It’s likely that you’ve already seen plenty of custom phone numbers out in the world (think bus ads and billboards, or your local plumber or florist).
A vanity number is a phone number that contains a customized sequence of digits, chosen by the business or individual to be memorable. It can be a toll free 1-800 number or a local phone number with the area code of your choice. For popular exhausted area codes like 305 (or NYC’s 212) a vanity number is your best bet to getting one of your own.
Who’s buying 305 numbers?
Given its role in global industry, it should come as no surprise that the majority of 305 phone numbers being purchased today are purchased by businesses.
National and internationally renowned companies (both in and outside of) Miami purchase 305 area code numbers for the prestige. A few industries that benefit from this association in particular:
Companies looking to cement their credibility and longevity as local establishments benefit from having a recognizable 305 phone number as well. This covers a wide spectrum of industries, including…
Who’s selling them?
If you’re looking to buy a 305 number for your own use, there are a few options:
- Traditional phone service providers occasionally have a 305 number available, but the opportunities are rare and don’t offer much choice of numbers.
- Private individuals sometimes sell their own number – though these exchanges are often costly and difficult to navigate.
- Third-party services like Ringboost who specialize in bringing custom and rare phone numbers to market.
The advantages of using a third party service include a wider selection, at almost any price point.
Why do businesses buy a 305 phone number?
Businesses buy 305 phone numbers because it’s a one-time purchase for a lifelong marketing campaign with substantial return on investment.
Every touchpoint is an opportunity to reinforce a cohesive brand identity. This includes your phone number: a 305 phone number is a small detail that goes a long way in reinforcing your brand’s association with local culture.
Despite the digitalization of doing business, being able to reach a company via telephone makes your brand accessible to a wider audience than online engagement alone. When you take into account that phone leads still have a higher conversion rate than web leads, having an accessible number becomes a non-negotiable asset.
With the help of a quality phone number broker, purchasing your own 305 number is within reach, no matter what kind of budget you’re working with. When shopping around, look for options that offer:
- Low price points
- Low monthly fee (or no monthly fee)
- Easy Setup
Your new phone number can easily be ported into a free phone service like Google voice, if that works better for your budget.
A new 305 area code number can be seamlessly integrated into a business’s existing telecom set up. After purchase your options are:
- Port it to a current number. This is simply moving your number from one carrier to another, activating it for use.
- Store it for future use. If you’re not ready to start using your new number right away, parking it places it in active status. It can be turned back on at any time and is cheaper than paying for a service plan.
- Establish a new phone line altogether. This gives you the freedom to keep your old number, and pick a new plan if you wish.
Your chosen phone number broker should be able to support you in any of these options.
How to purchase a 305 number
Obtaining a 305 phone number with Ringboost is a pretty straightforward process. We’ve broken it down into 4 easy steps, from start to finish:
A quick google search will point you in the right direction. The things you’ll want to look into at the start of the process:
- The available options for purchasing a 305 number.
- The available phone numbers for purchase.
- The price point for the numbers you want.
- Your options for integration – knowing whether you want to port, park, or create a new phone line entirely.
Porting a new phone number typically takes 7-10 business days. With this timeline in mind, come up with a general communications plan for making the transition so that your business line is not left disconnected in the interim.
Consider how you’ll adapt key functions of your business:
- Logistics for setting up the new number
- Marketing the new number in relevant materials and markets
- Reception flow and scripts for receptionists
The actual purchase of a new number is the easiest part. Once you’ve found the right one, a credit card and a few clicks through an online check out will secure it.
After completing the purchase, Ringboost will send you an email containing all the info you need to port your new number.
All that’s left is to do is to contact your carrier and let them know you’ll be porting over a number. Your carrier will submit the port request and give you an expected port date. And just like that–your 305 phone number will be set to make and receive calls.
Find a new 305 phone number
Despite the hard-to-get reputation, getting your own custom 305 number might be easier than you think. A quality phone broker service can get you there faster. Find a 305 number for your business.
So, What Are You Waiting For?
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!