How To Find A Perfect Vanity Number
It's well established in these pages that finding a better phone number is a must for your marketing strategy. But coming up with vanity number ideas to fuel your search? That's not such a no-brainer! Although a custom number is inevitably an improvement on your standard set of digits - and a call is 41% more popular than an online contact form. according to a 2016 study by Invoca - there are so many options available that business owners can be forgiven for feeling overwhelmed. RingBoost's extensive selection of numbers is a huge advantage for our customers, but you still need to know where to start. Today we'll look at a few ways you can use your current marketing tactics and objectives to pick the perfect number for your business.
Vanity Number Ideas to Find an Unforgettable Phone Number
To select the right vanity phone number for your business, consider the following points:
- Be Specific: Check your company name and the message that defines exactly what your business offers. If your name won't work or simply isn't available, focus your choice on a number that communicates, clearly and efficiently, what your business is about. Exploring our number database by industry is a great place to begin to brainstorm as you start your search.
- Get Creative: Widen your search if your first choice vanity isn't available. Many industries are highly competitive and companies may have already snapped up several prime vanity numbers to dominate the field. The good news is that a little creativity goes a long way and you can still secure a memorable, effective number in the most competitive industry. Make a list of words that cover the main areas associated with your business. Use that list to restart your search from another angle if others simply aren't working out.
- Simple and Memorable: Consumers usually recall number sequences that are linear (like 4,5,6,7) or repetitive (like 555, 5050 or 5000). As you select your vanity number, focus on those that are simple to say and quickly committed to memory. Think about the numbers that you remember on billboards and TV ads and why they stuck in your mind.
- National Number or Local Line: Great 800 numbers are harder and harder to find, so it might be necessary to search outside of this conventional range. Look at local versions of the number you want. It may not have been claimed for a specific region and you can often get exactly the same benefits – perhaps more – with a local dial.
- Lines and Locations: If your business has several locations, you might want to track performance at each of them. This means that multiple numbers need to be in play, so consider whether you need to keep the overall package of numbers in sync with one another, or if it's acceptable for each location to bring its own ideas to the vanity number that will represent them.
Most of all, never get frustrated! If your first search doesn't strike gold, know that there are millions of numbers available and there's definitely a great one waiting for your company. Simply try out some of the other ideas above and come at your search from another angle. Of course, we're always ready to help business owners and marketers with vanity number ideas to help find the perfect phone number for your business.
Contact us if you need help!
So, What Are You Waiting For?
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!