2020 Vision: 20 Things to Do in the New Year (Part 1)
Welcome to the future! It's the beginning of the year 2020, so it's the perfect time to focus on yourself and the world around you by setting some goals. But staying laser focused can be challenging, so we wanted to provide some ideas to get you started. Who knows, you might even be inspired to go out and start your own business helping others reach their goals in 2020? (Now’s also the perfect time to grab the vanity phone number 1-866-2020-VISION, btw!) No matter what your goals are, here are a few great ideas to inspire you to kick off the new year and new decade right.
- Get a side hustle - Sure, your career might be fulfilling and a great use of your time and energy, but with so many opportunities to make a little extra cash in your spare time, it can really pay off to pick up a side hustle. Even if it’s starting your own business on Etsy.com or doing odd handyman jobs, you can easily market yourself with a vanity phone number. Who knows, you might even be so successful that your side gig can turn into your full-time career!
- Learn a new skill (or teach someone else!) - There are learning opportunities everywhere you look. But if you want to rekindle your passion for life, sometimes all it takes is learning something new. Take a cooking class, learn to drive a stick shift (while you can), watch some videos to learn some chords on the ukulele that’s been gathering dust on your shelf. And if you already know all there is to know, why not share your skills with others? Teach your trade to the masses by running your own class or workshop. Need a way to get the word out? Start by creating a vanity phone number based around the skill you want to share.
- Be mindful - Mindfulness is more than just a buzzword. Purposely bringing your attention to the present can help you slow down and live in the moment rather than buzzing around and trying to get a million things done under unrealistic time constraints. You can even start a local group to share mindfulness tips, stories and experiences. Snatch up 1-833-4-MINDFULNESS to get things started.
- Keep a journal - Keep track of your days by writing down the thoughts, feelings, events, and interactions you experience every day. If scratching things down with a pen on paper isn’t your thing, there are plenty of apps and other digital ways you can keep a record of your life. A blog, for example, is a great way to connect with like-minded folks from across the globe. Help share your blog with a memorable custom phone number that could go viral. Try 1-855-MY-STORY.
- Take a solo trip - Everyone says they love to travel, but face it, what most folks really mean is they like going on vacation. If you’re an intrepid traveler, though, going on a solo trip can allow you to really get a deep dive into the people and culture of a new locale. If you’re afraid of being lonely and don’t want to rack up an exorbitant cell phone bill, you can always set up a customized toll-free number for your friends and family to stay in touch.
- Pay it forward - Do something good for someone else. Expect nothing in return. Write about it in your journal. Reach out to a community center or a local nonprofit to see how you can help. (Pro-Tip: RingBoost offers lower priced vanity numbers to nonprofits.)
- Take a staycation - You don’t have to skip town in order to take a holiday. Chances are likely that just getting some old fashioned rest and relaxation in your own home would be a great way to refresh and recharge. You can also go explore your own city without having to worry about where to stay, and who knows, you might even learn something new about your town when you take the time to take it all in. If your friends in other places are also into the idea, consider starting a community project to share the best parts of your respective cities. You can share thoughts and stories with a custom phone number.
- Say yes - It may seem simple, but just starting to say “yes” to new opportunities might lead to things you’d never expect. That doesn’t mean being the pushover who helps everyone move their old refrigerators, but there’s merit to accepting challenges that you might normally be hesitant to try. Need some motivation? Grab 1-888-SAY-YES-4 and share the number to have friends and strangers call to leave you the message: YES!
- Make some art - You don’t need to be a trained artist to express yourself creatively. Sketching, painting, sculpting, or even performance art are great ways to flex your creative muscles without having to break the bank. Try not to judge yourself too harshly no matter what you try, though. Making art for the sake of art can be therapeutic as well as fun. Make it a community event by inviting others to join, and share a custom phone number to brainstorm ideas.
- Breathe - The world is ever evolving and can be a scary place at times. Don’t worry, though. Sometimes all it takes is slowing down just enough to take a nice deep breath. Go ahead and try it now... See? 1-877-YOU-MATTER
Follow along for 10 more things to try in the new year, as we round out the list for a full 20 in 2020. In the meantime, be sure to check out some of the great vanity phone numbers available to help you RING in the new year.
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: Pete Prestipino on January 1, 2019The rise of Digital Marketing over the past two decades led many to believe that the use of phones would no longer be important but that has been far from the case.Read more
- Written by: Pete Prestipino on January 18, 2019There’s no question that vanity phone numbers are an excellent addition to any businesses’ marketing and acquisition efforts but one of the most common questions once those assets are acquired is - what do I do now?Read more
- Written by: Pete Prestipino on January 2, 2019The new year brings with it an urge to make resolutions; so why not set an intention to enhance the customer experience with a more focused and refined approach to engagement?Read more