Cancel Your Phone Service; Keep Your Phone Number
You don't have to let go of your business phone number if you choose to pause or cancel your phone service.
With continued uncertainty around when businesses can resume as normal in the aftermath of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis, many entrepreneurs and small businesses are going into hibernation. Maybe it's because the business owner provides home services such as house cleaning or dog walking, or maybe it was a startup-in-process that needs to delay the grand opening - whatever the reason, the long term plan is a restart, but the short-term plan requires immediate cost cutting. One place that business owners are able to make quick and easy cuts is to their phone service. If they aren't expecting or taking inbound phone calls, your VoIP or traditional carrier service can, in most cases, be put on pause. But, if you cancel service, you lose your number. Maybe it is a catchy vanity phone word or a professional looking easy-dial. Maybe it's a generic number, but you've spent a lot of money printing it on marketing collateral and business cards. Or, maybe it's simply a phone number that you've grown attached to. You don't want the phone service for now, but you want to keep the phone number. What can you do? It's easy - you can park your phone number with RingBoost.
If you need to pause your telephone service, you don't need to lose your awesome phone number.
What's Phone Number Parking?
Phone number parking is like putting your phone number into storage. For just a couple dollars a month, RingBoost will hold on to the phone number for you. You won't be able to send or receive calls, and you won't have to pay for full phone service. Instead, you remain the rightful owner of the phone number and can reactivate it whenever you are ready. While what is happening to companies in the wake of the global pandemic is anything but business-as-usual, phone number parking is a rather common practice. Examples of when people use it are when they need to move abroad for a temporary period of time. Or when they want a special, personalized number for their business, but they are months away from launching. They want to secure the clever and unique number before someone else does, but they don't want to pay the full monthly fee that a carrier would charge.
How does Phone Number Parking Work?
It's really simple to park your phone number with RingBoost. You port the number into our system - while retaining ownership - and pay a low monthly fee. When you're ready to reactivate it, you let us know. We can start a call-forwarding plan to get your number ringing immediately while the port is being processed. Porting typically takes 5-10 business days.
Park Your Phone Number with RingBoost
To initiate phone number parking with RingBoost, call our Support team at 914-200-0000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - Low monthly charges of $4.99/mo. apply
- - Potential for bulk pricing if you park multiple numbers
- - No port-in or port-out fees with a one-month minimum commitment
- - Port out whenever you are ready (porting takes 5-10 business days)
- - Immediate activation available through enabling a call-forwarding plan
If you have any questions, reach out to us today!
So, What Are You Waiting For?
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: Ellen Sluder on January 8, 2019
RingBoost has partnered with Whitespark, local search and SEO specialists, to provide resources, discounted services, and education to improve the visibility of local businesses. In a five-part series, Whitespark expert Jessie Low
- Written by: Ellen Sluder on February 7, 2019Brand strategy guides you when naming a company or its products, when designing the logo, and even when selecting the website domain that will be used.Read more
- Written by: Ellen Sluder on December 19, 2018RingBoost has one of the largest selections of 212 area code phone numbers for sale in the country, and now you can get your classic number for less. For a limited time, we’re reducing the price thousands of 212 numbers by 30%.Read more