Brandcasting: How Can Your Business Benefit From Live Streaming?
Now that we're almost three-quarters of the way through the year, it seems safe to say that live streaming will be the defining social media story of 2015. From the SXSW-inspired madness surrounding Meerkat, through the more refined, Twitter-backed app experience of Periscope and recent feature announcements from Facebook and Samsung/YouTube, streaming live video to a highly engaged, albeit early adopter audience is the latest piece of the online marketing puzzle. For brand managers this poses a familiar decision: should you get in while the channel is new, exciting and, most importantly, inexpensive, or wait to see if this is just another fad? It might be too early to coin a phrase, but don't be surprised to hear the term "brandcasting" popping out of marketing mouths a lot as we enter 2016.
Where to Start With Live Streaming Social MediaFamiliarity is by far the most effective way to make an informed decision on what any social media platform is worth to your business, so the sensible first step is to create a personal profile and dive right in. This will take some of your valuable time, but you can keep the results within a walled garden that doesn't affect your brand, at least until you learn more about whether live streaming is a good fit. Live streaming works especially well when you're willing to "lift the lid" on your company. Think of this as backstage access for your followers - or perhaps a behind-the-scenes documentary - where you need to give the viewers something they can't see on your website or other social networks. Here are some ideas to test with your early live streams:
- Introduce a staff member or section of your business. Keep it short, sweet, and packed full of fun!
- Give a brief tour of your facility or office. Plan your route and time before you do this, so that there's something interesting for your viewers to see.
- Broadcast unboxing videos of new technology your team will use, or simply cool new things that your business is about to offer.
- Celebrate a brithday or work anniversary and invite your followers to join the party.
- Hold scheduled (or even impromptu) question sessions, where customers can ask about their purchase and potential buyers can add to their research in real time.
- Demonstrate the most effective ways to use your product or offer hacks, tips and tricks that will help customers get more out of it.
- Offer customers the inside track on new products, services, and press releases, before they hit the traditional news wires.
- Broadcast live from trade shows, seminars, and any other event that has relevance for your industry and audience.
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: mike on September 25, 2014Driving a small business toward success takes more than hard work; a successful business must brand and market itself efficiently and effectively.Read more
- Written by: mike on September 16, 2014Marketing is an investment, and like everything else in your portfolio, you expect to see a return. Whether it's increased info on leads, more calls, or pure and simple sales, everything in your marketing tool kit must pull its weight (or be dumped in favor of something else that does). Compared to most marketing tools, vanity phone numbers work harder for you andRead more