State Your Location to Build a Trusted Brand
Location matters when it comes to defining your brand. Your area informs your customers in many ways, from the location you call home and headquarters, to the places you source from and those to which you deliver. We know ourselves, from the demand for memorable numbers with a local area code, that it matters to customers to know where you are when they choose to call. Similarly, you can tell a lot about an area based on how consumers behave, including the brands that they buy in to.
Researchers at Direct Capital thought the same thing and decided to break out the biggest brands by state, based on a Google-sourced popularity contest. The results make for an intriguing patchwork of the most loved (and some perhaps loathed) U.S. brands: [caption id="attachment_3458" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Top brands by state 2014 | Image Credit: Digital Capital[/caption] It's important to remember that this is a visual based on the highest number of Google searches for brands in each state, which would also include folks looking for employment at those companies. Furthermore, there are many forms of alternative informational searches that might not necessarily reflect upon a brand's popularity with consumers. Even so, it's an interesting reminder that location is important is some branding spaces, and that's probably true for your business and the areas you serve. Some steps you can take to emphasize location in your marketing include:
- Use local landmarks or familiar features of your location throughout your marketing materials. Photos and videos help to connect your communications to a place, even if the customer isn't consciously aware that's what is happening.
- Pick a local area code for your memorable marketing number. If you have a lot of different locations, you can still find a great number in almost any market area you can think of.
- Attend and/or sponsor trade shows and community events in areas where potential customers gather. When they see you supporting the local economy, they'll be more likely to support you with their business.
- Tell the stories of local customers. Sometimes the best way to connect with others is by helping someone else to share their story. If that story is rooted in a place that you're closely connected to, it quickly seeps into the association with your business.
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: mike on September 25, 2014Driving a small business toward success takes more than hard work; a successful business must brand and market itself efficiently and effectively.Read more
- Written by: mike on September 16, 2014Marketing is an investment, and like everything else in your portfolio, you expect to see a return. Whether it's increased info on leads, more calls, or pure and simple sales, everything in your marketing tool kit must pull its weight (or be dumped in favor of something else that does). Compared to most marketing tools, vanity phone numbers work harder for you andRead more