The Importance of Memorable Numbers... By the Numbers!
Driving inbound calls to your business has never been more important. It's not like that value ever went away, but the boom of mobile devices alongside the emerging standard of online and wi-fi calling has thrust the humble telephone number right back into the spotlight. After several years allowing social media and search marketing to hog the limelight, memorable numbers are again taking the starring role. Over the last year or two we've noticed a number of articles and studies springing up to support this idea, leaving a compelling case for business owners to up their marketing game with a more memorable number. [caption id="attachment_3837" align="aligncenter" width="640"] Smartphones are rarely far from your customers reach, so make sure they remember how to reach you![/caption]
By the Numbers: The Shape of Calls to ComeLet's take a closer look at some of those amazing stats, which show what a pivotal role vanity numbers and brand recall play in your customer's purchase process:
- In 2013, 30 billion inbound calls were placed to businesses via mobile search results. By 2018, this number is expected to reach more than double that, at around 73 billion calls. (Source: BIA/Kelsey)
- The surge is being driven by the popularity and increasingly affordable smartphones, which connect mobile search with the ability to place a call directly. In 2013, there were 144.5 million smartphone users, more than double the 2010 number. By 2018, that number is expected to reach 220 million, more than two-thirds of the US population. (Source: Statista)
- Adding an option to call increases ad clicks by 8% (Source: Google). RingBoost study found that a custom number included in a search ad increased clicks by 33%.
- 61% of businesses rate their inbound phone calls as an “excellent” source of leads—higher than any other inbound lead source. (Source: BIA/Kelsey)
- One of the largest advertising networks outside of Google, xAd, also found that 52% of all mobile advertising results in a phone call. Again, this was the most high-performing customer conversion of all potential actions. (Source: xAd)
- A memorable number strengthens brand image and awareness. 47% of searchers told Google that businesses with no phone number would make them more likely to explore other brands. (Source: Google).
- Local services are the most popular business sector to call from a mobile ad, with 69% of searchers likely to call if a number is included in their ads. The performance of phone numbers is reliably strong across most business verticals though, with many convincing at least half of those who see a mobile ad likely to call the business on the number it provides. (Source: Google)
So, What Are You Waiting For? Buy Vanity Phone Numbers Today
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
- Written by: mike on September 25, 2014Driving a small business toward success takes more than hard work; a successful business must brand and market itself efficiently and effectively.Read more
- Written by: mike on September 16, 2014Marketing is an investment, and like everything else in your portfolio, you expect to see a return. Whether it's increased info on leads, more calls, or pure and simple sales, everything in your marketing tool kit must pull its weight (or be dumped in favor of something else that does). Compared to most marketing tools, vanity phone numbers work harder for you andRead more