How to Get a Florida Phone Number
If you’re looking to expand your target market in Florida, buying a local phone number is a surefire way to build credibility with locals and tie your brand to a specific location.
Local area codes can be purchased by anyone, anywhere. If you’re considering purchasing a local Florida phone number for your business, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll walk you through the steps below.
RingBoost is the industry leader in vanity phone numbers. With the largest inventory of custom numbers in the market, knowledgeable customer support, value-added features and personalized, concierge-level customer service, it’s easier than ever to find a Florida phone number for your business.
Why businesses buy Florida numbers
Regardless of whether you own a small or big business in Florida, having a local business phone number works wonders. It gives your business credibility and works to promote the name and image of your company, while fostering a connection to your locale.
Reaching a global audience
Boasting one of the largest global economies, Florida is home to a wide spectrum of major national and international industries.
Having a Florida area code reinforces a local association with the prominent industries of the area which include global leaders in:
Reaching a local audience
In certain industries, customers prefer spending their money with local businesses. Your phone number’s area code has the power to place you right in the middle of your target market.
Industries that benefit especially from local branding include:
Reaping the benefits of a vanity phone number starts with a one-time purchase and an easy set-up, requiring no technical proficiency at all.
Choosing a Florida phone number
While there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to picking your perfect vanity number, we’ve put together a simple best practices approach:.
- Identify your target market. Vanity numbers are a useful marketing tool, but great marketing is useless if you don’t know who your audience is. Thinking in specific terms of demographic, region, and consumer needs will help you narrow down your viable options.
- Make it memorable. The number one benefit of a vanity number is memorability. It’s simple: the more people that remember your phone number, the more inbound call leads your marketing campaign will generate.
- Research area code and overlay options. When it comes to practicalities and cultural associations, every area code tells a different story. Metropolitan area codes – like Miami’s original 305 – are recognizable nationwide. Miami’s newer 786 area code, on the other hand, will resonate with locals more than tourists. It’s a good idea to be familiar with the available options and what they may represent to your potential customers.
- Keep it simple. Go for a word or phrase that is easy-to-spell, or number sequences that are easy-to-dial. A good phone number can communicate crucial information about your business and be a call-to-action in one. An Orlando pizza shop might pick something like, 321-GET-PIES.
Consider a vanity number
A vanity number is a phone number that contains a user customized sequence of digits for the purpose of being memorable and easy-to-dial.
Buying a vanity number for your business has a number of benefits, with the number one being memorability. Custom numbers are also a great marketing tool. A vanity number is a one-time investment for a lifetime marketing campaign with a high return.
Popular Florida area codes
The state of Florida is serviced by 21 different area codes. Which one you choose depends on your business goals and target audience. Picking the area code of a big city can give you access to the greater metropolitan area and is therefore more memorable to more people.
Popular Florida area codes include:
- 305, 786 Miami-Dade County (South Florida)
- 561 (Palm Beach County)
- 954 (Broward County)
- 904 Jacksonville (North Florida)
- 813 Tampa (Central Florida)
- 850 Tallahassee (Panhandle)
- 407 Orlando (Central Florida)
How to purchase and activate a Florida phone number
Purchasing your own Florida phone number is an easy process when shopping with RingBoost.
RingBoost offers full-service customer support, an expansive network and the largest selection of vanity numbers on the market. From finding the perfect number to seamlessly integrating it into your business, RingBoost’s award-winning team of experts has you covered.
Once you’ve found the right number for your business, making it yours is just a few clicks away through our online checkout portal. RingBoost accepts all major credit cards for payment.
After checkout, you have a few options for putting your new phone number to use:
Porting is the process of moving a phone number from one carrier to another–in this case, moving your new phone number from its current carrier to your carrier of choice. It’s fairly straightforward, and we offer support every step of the way.
- Step 1: Contact your carrier (or select a new one) to let them know you’ll be porting over a new number.
- Step 2: Provide a PIN – your carrier will ask for an account number, PIN and the service address associated with your new number. This information will be in the confirmation email you received when you purchased your number.
- Step 3: Carrier submits port request - your carrier will submit the port request and will notify you once it’s completed. Easy.
2. Pick a call-forwarding plan
If you prefer to keep your new number with RingBoost, we offer several custom call-forwarding plans to fit every budget. Simply choose a plan that works best for your needs, and we’ll forward your calls to the number you provide. If you need assistance selecting a plan, please reach out to our knowledgeable support staff and they can assist you.
All plans come with the features you need to keep communications efficient and effective:
- Real-Time Call Reporting & Analytics
- Call Notification Emails
- Caller ID Display
- Voicemail to Email
- Conference Bridge
- And more!
If you’re not quite ready to activate your new number yet, choosing park at checkout allows you to retain ownership at a fraction of the cost of a plan. When you’re ready to use it, just reach out and we’ll be happy to help you activate it.
How long does it take to activate my new Florida number?
Porting your new number typically takes 7-10 business days. In the interim you have the option to activate temporary call-forwarding so you can use the number as quickly as possible.
Once your new number is activated, you can reach out to RingBoost’s team of experts for support in marketing your new number.
Find a Florida phone number for your business
Now that you’ve got the basics, you can start your search for the perfect custom Florida phone number for your business.
If you’re interested in Miami specifically, you can read up on the Miami area code options. Otherwise, you can search all available inventory within Florida. If you have any questions, reach out to the RingBoost team!
So, What Are You Waiting For?
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
A memorable vanity phone number that spells a word or phrase that will stick in the mind of your customers.SHOP TOLL-FREE NUMBERS
Get a local phone number in any area code so you can have a local presence in cities across the US and Canada.SHOP Local NUMBERS
- Written by: Rick Dionisio on November 4, 2018
How To Find A Perfect Vanity NumberFinding a better phone number is a must for your marketing strategy, but creating vanity number ideas for your search isn't so easy.Read more
- Written by: Rick Dionisio on February 14, 2022
Get a Vanity Phone Number for Your Law FirmLaw firms use vanity phone numbers to increase incoming leads and build brand recognition. This blog explains the path to finding a vanity number for your firm.Read more
- Written by: Rick Dionisio on March 7, 2022
How to Find Out If a Vanity Number is AvailableIt’s never been easier to find and choose the perfect vanity phone number for your business using RingBoost’s easy-to-search database of available numbers.Read more