Weird, Wacky, and Real Funny Phone Numbers
There are phone numbers for everything now, and we mean EVERYTHING. From personal use to fun, automated messages with your daily dose of Hall and Oates throwbacks. Got some time to kill? These weird, wacky and funny phone numbers are just waiting to be called.
What is a vanity phone number?
Vanity or custom phone numbers are personalized numbers purchased for the purposes of memorability and marketability. They can spell out a memorable word or phrase, or utilize repetition and numerical patterns for easy dialing.
Rather than a random array of digits assigned by your phone carrier, a vanity number allows you to pick something that reflects your personal brand or purpose. That purpose can be anything from professional practicality to your very own prank hotline.
Find a fun phone number in your area code
What are the benefits of using your own vanity number?
Depending on how you choose to use your custom phone number, vanity numbers have a wide range of potential benefits for the user.
Here’s what well chosen vanity phone number can do for you:
- Enhance memorability – The best custom phone numbers are simple and easy to remember to keep you at the top of your customer’s mind when they need to call you.
- Increase inbound calls – This is the inevitability of a memorable and engaging phone number.
- Improve User Experience – An easy to dial phone number is a simple and inviting way to enhance your customers’ experience when reaching out to you for help and service.
- Reinforce marketing message – A custom number can capture your audience’s attention to deliver a concise and compelling message. It can even double as a call to action!
- Boost customer engagement – Creative vanity numbers can support better customer engagement on one of the most effective channels for communication, phone calls.
- Differentiate your brand – More than just a functional tool, the right vanity number reinforces your unique brand personality, helping you stand out from a sea of forgettable phone numbers.
Weird, wacky phone numbers that actually work!
Ease off the swiping and open up the dial pad, you’re going to want to give these funny phone numbers a ring.
Callin’ Oates: Your Emergency Hall and Oates Hotline
Jam out between client calls with a Hall and Oates classic.
Give a quick ring to 719-26-OATES and choose between One-on-One, Maneater, Rich Girl, and Private Eyes.
Better Call Saul
"You’ve reached the offices of Saul Goodman and Associates, your one-stop shop for all things law." Saul Goodman doesn’t rest until your case is closed.
He can be reached at 505-503-4455 and his voice message includes some legal tips pro bono.
If you wait until December to clear things up with Santa, expect a lump of coal in your stocking.
You can contact the big man up North anytime of the year at 951-262-3062 to reserve a spot on the nice list.
We know you’ve already binged the entire fourth season of Stranger Things, but did you catch Murray Bauman’s personal number?
This strategically placed Easter egg may provide a hint at season 5. Call 618-625-8313 to hear what message he has for Joyce Byers.
In season 4 of the show, hardcore fans might have also noticed a vanity phone number on the side of the Surfer Boy Pizza van: 805-45-PIZZA. You can call that one to hear an official-sounding pizza pronouncement from the loveable character, Argyle.
How to set up your own hotline
You can set up a fun custom number in four steps:
- Choose a phone number
- Activate your new number
- Record a message
- Promote the new number
1. Choose a phone number
A little creativity will fuel your fire. Here are some tips to get you going.
- Use easy to spell words or phrases, this will ensure that callers will remember your number and make it easier for your hotline’s reputation to spread through word-of-mouth.
- If you opt for digits over spelling out a word, remember that repetitive numbers (555, 5050, 5000) are your friend.
- Linear sequences (234, 789) can also be leveraged to enhance memorability for your callers.
RingBoost makes the search for a memorable hotline vanity number simpler with an easy-to-search database of available phone numbers.
You can choose from either a Toll free or Local phone number depending on your needs and preferences.
2. Activate your new number
Like any other online purchase, paying for a customized phone number is simple. For your convenience, RingBoost accepts credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay at checkout.
Once purchased, you have three options for activating your number (don’t worry, none of them require any special technical knowledge.)
- Port – This is how you switch a phone number from the carrier you purchased it from, to your own. The phone company will do the heavy lifting, but it’s up to you to initiate the request. If you choose this option at checkout, you’ll receive an email with instructions on what to do.
- Pick a plan – Popular with customers who use a custom number for inbound calls only, RingBoost offers a variety of call-forwarding plans to meet your needs and budget.
- Park – If you’re not quite ready to fire up your hotline yet, this low-cost option will secure your newly purchased phone number until you’re ready to get it up and running.
No matter which option you choose, the RingBoost team is available with omnichannel support to answer your questions every step of the way.
3. Record a message
Getting your message just right will depend on a little planning before you hit the record button.
- Decide how many layers you want your hotline to have, will it just have a single recorded message or will the caller have the option of engaging with the keypad?
- Write your script out beforehand and rehearse your delivery, revising if you need to.
- Read it out loud to a willing audience first.
- Your audience will be as receptive as you are enthusiastic, so keep it weird and have fun.
4. Promote your phone number
With the right tactics, you can help your hotline’s message get to the right ears. It could even be the next viral internet sensation.
For best results:
- Use it everywhere: blogs, vlogs and socials for starters. Just get the word out.
- Update all marketing materials to ensure that your phone number is reflected accurately and conspicuously.
- Flaunt and feature it prominently so that it’s hard to miss and tempting to dial.
Inspired to make your own hotline?
Local Vanity Phone Numbers for Sale | RingBoost Toll-Free Phone Numbers for Business | RingBoost
Interested in learning more about what a custom number can do for you? More creative ways to use a vanity phone number
So, What Are You Waiting For?
Boost your calls and sales with a memorable vanity phone number!
A memorable vanity phone number that spells a word or phrase that will stick in the mind of your customers.SHOP TOLL-FREE NUMBERS
Get a local phone number in any area code so you can have a local presence in cities across the US and Canada.SHOP Local NUMBERS
- Written by: mike on June 9, 2014
Why Local Vanity Numbers Get Your Phones RingingOn any given day, we’re exposed to an overwhelming amount of advertising. The majority of these ads don’t leave a lasting impression.Read more
- Written by: mike on September 25, 2014
Making Vanity Numbers a Part of Your Business IdentityDriving a small business toward success takes more than hard work; a successful business must brand and market itself efficiently and effectively.Read more
- Written by: mike on September 16, 2014
Vanity Numbers at Work: One Marketing Tool to Rule Them AllMarketing is an investment, and like everything else in your portfolio, you expect to see a return. Whether it's increased info on leads, more calls, or pure and simple sales, everything in your marketing tool kit must pull its weight (or be dumped in favor of something else that does). Compared to most marketing tools, vanity phone numbers work harder for you andRead more